Who We Are
Gentle Shepherd Community Church - Grey County came into existence on September 28, 1988.
We are a family oriented group of believers in Jesus Christ and we are organized “Congregationally” which means the congregation itself (with the leadership and guidance of Elders and Pastors), is free to follow Jesus as the “Head” of the Church as it seeks to live and put into practice the teachings of the Bible. We first met in Macphail Memorial Elementary School, Flesherton. We “turned the sod” for our new building in 1989 and held our first service in our new building in 1991.
We have a number of ways you can get connected with us:
- Youth Groups
- Weekday Bible Study
- Live Alone Group
- Children's Sunday School
- Prayer Morning
- Men's Breakfast
- Home Groups
- Young Adult Group
- King's Kids
what we believe in
We hold certain beliefs that are the basis of our faith and practice:
- we believe that the bible consisting of the old and new testaments, is the only divinely inspired and infallible revelation of god. it is our only guide and final authority in matters pertaining to faith and life.
- we believe in one god existent in three persons—father, son and holy spirit
- we believe in the deity of our lord jesus christ, his death on the cross for our redemption, his resurrection to life again, his ascension into heaven, and his coming again in power and glory.
- we believe the holy spirit has come to glorify jesus and to apply the saving work of jesus christ to our hearts. he convicts us of sin and draws us to the saviour. in dwelling our hearts, he gives new life to us, empowers and imparts gifts to us for service. he instructs and guides us into all truth, and seals us for the day of redemption.
- we believe that salvation is by grace through faith in jesus christ as our lord and saviour.
- we believe that there will be a resurrection of the dead and a final judgment
- we believe the sacraments, baptism and communion, are outward and visible signs of an inward grace and an act of remembrance.
- we believe that life begins at conception and that all human life is sacred.
- we believe in the spiritual unity of all believers.
- we believe that marriage is the god-ordained, publicly witnessed covenant relationship between one man and one woman to the exclusion of all others. in accordance with this belief, we resolve that members of the staff or clergy of the church will be allowed to arrange for, officiate at or take part in the solemnization or celebration of a marriage only when it conforms to this congregational statement on marriage. (genesis. 2:18, 22-25, matthew 19:5; john 2:1-10).
2017 GSCC Annual Report
Every year we gather information from each of our ministries to produce a lovely Annual Report. Feel free to read it. We hope you like it. Thanks so much.download