Come and celebrate with us some of the history of South East Grey in honour of Canada's 150th birthday!
On Saturday September 30th, 2017 we will be hosting a Heritage Tour of Local Cemeteries with historian and tour guide Janet Iles. While we would like most of the tour to be a surprise, we have a few hints for you:
- Black Pioneer Cemetery
- Aaron Munshaw
- Agnes Macphail
- W.K. Flesher
Tickets are $35.00 per person which includes:
- the bus tour (school bus),
- a catered lunch by Linda Leith
- the educational tour guide.
Board the bus at 8:30am from the parking lot at Gentle Shepherd Community Church (if you need directions, click here).
During the tour you will be visiting 5 cemeteries until 3:30pm.
Tickets are available at:
- Jolley's Dairy Bar & Video, Flesherton
- Flesherton Home Hardware
- The Bakery in Flesherton
- Grey Highlands Public Library - Flesherton and Markdale Branches
- Gentle Shepherd Community Church office (see hours here)
- Online at GentleShepherd.ca (Select "Heritage Tour Canada 150")
Tickets are available until September 20th, 2017 or until they are sold out.